December 6th, 2011 - 0.2.3.5 Release
It's been decided to hold off the 0.2.4 development and do a 0.2.3.5 release to fix issues some will still be having with the sources being used by the different linux distributions.
Features being developed for 0.2.4 have been disabled or removed from the 0.2.3.5 release source to reduce confusion.
- Fixed Various build issues.
- Cleaned up internal MIDI Storage
- Fixed missing config.h includes
- Fixed critical error with sysex parsing
- Added multiple drum track support via sysex event
- Added total_midi_time in WildMidi_GetInfo structure to return the total time stated by the midi
- Fixed approx_total_samples in WildMidi_GetInfo structure to more accurately display the expected playing time.
- Messed with the reverb a little while looking for something to do
- Fixed and adjusted samples per delta calculations.
- Added WM_MO_WHOLETEMPO, which will ignore fractional parts of a temp, and WM_MO_ROUNDTEMPO, which will round fractional parts of a tempo, options to WildMidi_Init.
As always please reports bug via our bug tracker.
November 23nd, 2011 - Developmental Supporters
You will notice the website has changed slightly including the addition of the Developmental Supporters section on the left hand side. These are users of WildMIDI who took extra time and effort to test WildMIDI, report bugs and test the fixes.
I believe they deserve special recognition for their time and hard work.
November 22nd, 2011 - 0.2.4Devel updates
A couple of new options were added to WildMidi_Init to work around issues created by other programs using WildMIDI.
WM_MO_WHOLETEMPO was added for programs that ignores the fractional part of the tempo setting, and
WM_MO_ROUNDTEMPO was added for programs that round the fractional part of the tempo setting to the nearest whole number.
These were added after tempo issues within WildMIDI was discovered but their resolution still left some projects with timing issues.
Try either option or not using either option at all before reporting timing issues. If either option fixes your tempo related timing issue you may need to look at how you handle the tempo within your own project.
September 17th, 2011 - 0.2.4Devel continues
Those of you keeping track, WildMIDI has been slowly getting some changes.
The 1st noticable change is the source has been broken up more. This has been done to make it easier to maintain and work continues on this.
Fixes, fixes and more fixes. Some of the fixes include
- Compile errors (gcc/libtool changes broke compile process)
- Missing include (oops)
- Sysex Parsing (was badly wrong and could of broke badly in some situations
- Displaying incorrect MIDI time
- Timing desync
- Sysex set drum channel support
- Whole number tempos
- Total MIDI time info
- WildMidi_Live ... play along with your midi files. This is being developed and tested in windows but will do the *nux port once the api is complete.
- WildMidi_Record ... stores to midi file the midi data stored within WildMIDI.
- WildMidi_Mix ... combines 2 or more sources of MIDI data for single output
- Demo player changes to support these
October 18th, 2010 - In Development Section Updated
With zero bug reports since the release of WildMidi 0.2.3.4 I have started looking at the future of WildMidi. To keep you up to date with definite upcoming developments with WildMidi, I have updated the In Development section of the website.